We are asked frequently about guest posts and we love to share valuable information with our blog readers and our email subscribers. If you have great information that you would like to share on our blog and in our email, we invite you to review the following guidelines and submit your posts below. While we can’t promise that we will use your post, you will receive serious consideration based on the following guidelines.
To help get your writing into “print,” before you send it to us, please make sure it:
- it is good, that it speaks to our health minded readers and gives them some real value;
- is original content (no copyright infringement) that you wrote and can be used exclusively at Your Cup Of Tea;
- and includes all the required elements listed below.
Exclusivity and Originality
Our readers have high expectations and we try not to let them down. We ask that any content you wish to be reviewed be original and intended for exclusive use on this blog.
Feel free to submit posts that are related to tea, health, all natural weight loss, motivation, inspiration, how-to’s, practical tips, or just about any other topics that healthy people interested in maintaining or losing weight would find valuable. You can spend some time reading our prior posts and see what we expect.
Even if your idea is a little “out there”, but still related to our readers, please bring it to our attention. You never know…
You can submit your post in Word or HTML. Also:
- Font: no special fonts, bolding, or italicized fonts, we will format your post according to our style guides;
- Headlines: Please include your headline in your submission in bold and/or <H1> tags;
- Subheadings: wrap any subheadings in your post in <h2> tags, or simply bold them so they stand out.
- Links: feel free to include relevant links in your post in either HTML or in parenthesis behind the text you would like linked. While we do not encourage affiliate links, please bring them to our attention. We will evaluate them on a case-by-case basis.
- Images: our blog makes good use of imagery. If you have an image you would like to include, please make sure you own the copyright to the image. Images might be resized to fit 640 px wide.
- Author: We believe in giving credit where credit is due. If you want to include your author bio and all your social contact links please make sure they are included in your submission.
Be clear in your intent. Don’t assume that we are going to know where you want to put things like links, images, videos, or any other type of enhancements. Include them with your post in the place you want them.
Couple of thoughts on links
Links are important and if they are important to your content then by all means include them. Even links back to your site, as long as they relate to the topic. Please do not include blatant calls to action promoting your site/products. Relevancy is what matters. If you have a question, run it by us and we will see what we will do. We reserve the right to edit your posts where necessary (although we hope not to).
Every post we select is subject to editing. We want it to be your content, so we will try to keep editing at a minimum, but sometimes we must. We will run these by you before we publish. Please do not take offense to this – like we said earlier, our readers and authors have high expectations.
By now you have put in some good effort to provide our readers with great content, so we feel that you should get the credit you deserve. Let us help promote you. Be sure to include all your social profiles, your blog, your sites, and your products.
We will use our entire syndication network to promote you if your post is used.
Send your posts and information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to hearing from you.